.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Average Iraqi

An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

Name:Hassan
Location:Baghdad, Iraq

My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.

Iraqi Bloggers BiographyUpdated November 11

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Time War

  My endless battle with time is how to spend it, and when I get bored it means I'm losing, and right now I'm losing. Usually when I get bored I would go out, spend time, come home late stuff like that. It seems like a million years ago. I don't think that after the war I hung out after 8 PM. I actually have nothing to do when I'm home, and my best way to spend time is to go to college, get some homework, some times the phone can kill an half an hour or so, but college is the best of my allies.


  It looks like our new president is going to be the Kurdish Jalal Talbani -I'm not sure how to spell his name- although he is not there yet but he's just around the corner, so I'm not going to judge him or anything because I virtually know almost nothing about him, I'll just wait and see how it turns out. Generally the situation is better after the ellections, big explosions are becoming less and less frequent, minor fightings are tireless but less altogether, so the future looks bright after all.

3 Comments:

Blogger cile said...

Hela Hassan, that makes more than two years of staying in after 8 pm. I can't think of anyone who wouldn't get bored with that. I mean, you can read a lot of good books, write poetry or stand upside down when too much energy takes you, but how do you get around? Can you manage to get out sometimes? Do you organize with friends every now and then to be together in evening times?
I do have the idea that Iraqis are quite inventive people...

4:48 PM  
Blogger Hassan said...

Well, safety is in numbers, we usually move around in groups, stay out of the little dark streets, and always watch your back. Come to think about we have adapted to this life it is not that troubling, and I think anyone from Iraq will agree with me.

6:14 PM  
Anonymous Palm Coast Drapery said...

Lovelly blog you have

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home