.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Average Iraqi

An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

Name:Hassan
Location:Baghdad, Iraq

My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.

Iraqi Bloggers BiographyUpdated November 11

Monday, August 08, 2005

The Red Planet

When I opened my eyes this morning, the room looked RED, at first I thought my eyes where playing tricks on me, but the room did really look red. I got up, and looked out the to discover that the world looked like this:




This is actually one of the heaviest dust storms I have ever seen, the atmosphere looks red because too much dust particles are in it, a very high percentage, as I write this post, almost 10 hours later, the air hasn't cleared yet. I had some business to do outside the house, so I had to get out. As the car went over the road, the cars ahead where invisible, only the phantoms of their headlights would appear, followed by a beam in front of them, and only a few meters away, would the car appear, it would appear like it came from a fog. The good thing is that US patrols where not very frequent today, or it maybe just that we didn't spot them.


But if I didn't spot any US patrols, someone else did. It happened when my brother and his lessons group, where stuck at a traffic jam, the driver was anxious to move on, so as they where waiting for the traffic to move, a black Prince (CAR) stopped at a nearby sidewalk, they watched the four guys get out of the black vehicle, opened the trunk, took out an RPG, by that time the driver went WHOA. In a few moments, the cars where all over the pavement, trying to get out of there, but as they sped through the pavement, the US patrol had already left the scene, and the guys where now behind them, and no one knows what happened to them, there was no sound of explosions or a combat.



Note: This post has been emailed to my Email List subscribers.

6 Comments:

Blogger cile said...

wow hassan! these sandstorms are incredible. i got some impressive pics of the one of april 26-05 too. i have put the linx on my bloggy. how are you doing, through the thick red dust?

3:16 PM  
Blogger quixote said...

Your pictures are as good as the BBC's. They have a series of them here. Looks like fun :-(

11:55 PM  
Blogger Mad Canuck said...

For anyone who didn't see it, Hassan's blog was mentioned in the Washington Post today. Here's a link.

Congrats, Hassan! This is a big accomplishment!

6:53 AM  
Blogger Hassan said...

Thank you mad canuck.

I first noticed the link when I checked my blog traffic, almost 100 page viewers a day came from that link.....

7:04 PM  
Blogger Combat Doc said...

The worst is getting caught in that while in town with no hope of shelter.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Sara Hancock said...

Great blog I enjoyed reeading

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home