.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Average Iraqi

An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

Name:Hassan
Location:Baghdad, Iraq

My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.

Iraqi Bloggers BiographyUpdated November 11

Thursday, June 16, 2005

A Come Back

  Finally the 16th, today I finished my final exams, did fine. I would have thrown most of the books from the window by now if most of them weren't so huge, some of them could kill a man if they fell on him. The department used a cut-down policy during the exams, which is to cut down the number of the student in the department to almost half the number, achieved by hardening the questions. Questions for the strength of materials, fluid mechanics and concrete design were especially impossible. The reason of the policy is that most of the department students joined the department after the war by means of connections, and there was no limit for the number of students at the time, which resulted in too much students, needless to say; survival for the better.


  So many things have happened since my last post, probably the biggest event is that operation lightning is put into action, there are now more than 40000 U.S soldiers in Baghdad, which is why we have been seeing them every so often these days, and there are Iraqi National Guard personnel at every traffic intersection. I even heard that some areas of Baghdad are going to be cut off, and searched house by house. There are three hot areas in Baghdad now which are: Al-Kazalia, which is near the highway going to Fallujah, that place became a war zone during the operation in Fallujah. Next is Al-Amiria, and last is Al-Dora. These areas are going to be the most affected areas by operation Lightning. Also during my exams there was a huge battle between terrorists and U.S. soldiers at the Al-Amiria highway, the next day we saw about 15 burned cars scattered along the street. Oh and the last good news is that the Iraqi National Guard have finally gotten their own armored vehicles to use, we see them everyday at the sides of the airport highway, which is the main highway in Baghdad, it connects main parts of Baghdad together, and is the only way to the Baghdad Airport.


   Now I have to catch up to the blog news, so many posts have been posted that I have to read, I feel like I have traveled through time, and came to the future, to see everyone have been posting and posting and I don't know how many people have forgotten that the Average Iraqi blog exists. Well now my exams are over and I'll be back posting, hopefully I won't fail any material or I'm going to have to take it again in the summer.



Note: This post has been emailed to my Email List subscribers.

5 Comments:

Blogger Najma said...

Welcome back Hassan..

10:46 PM  
Blogger Mad Canuck said...

Hey, welcome back!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

WB Hassan..congrats on the school stuff

8:01 PM  
Blogger Dalia M. said...

Hi Hassan,

Welcome back...

10:45 PM  
Blogger cile said...

superbe!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home