.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Average Iraqi

An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

Name:Hassan
Location:Baghdad, Iraq

My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.

Iraqi Bloggers BiographyUpdated November 11

Friday, March 11, 2005

Rain, rain and more rain

At the time I'm writing this post, the rain has been coming for a little more than 24 hours. And I am trapped in the house, cars can't go out because you can't see the street, since it is covered in water. If you can't see the street, then your car could be stuck in a hole or anything, we have lots of them around here. Here see those pictures you'll understand.



We really are going to need boats.



This umbrella saved my life.



I wish had some bath foam.



See the dots in the water?. This is the rain still coming down.



They say this is a street, It looks like a river to me.



That car isn't going anywhere for a while.


Well you've seen what it is like now, I'll show you each one of those pictures when the water is gone, you'll be surprised.



Note: My Email List subscribers have been notified of this post.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hassan said...

Yeah, the water level is much less now, but it is still too much. I'll take pictures and post them when they are dry. And it is true that those gates are a good touch.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Mad Canuck said...

Hi Hassan,

Nice pictures - thanks for posting those.

It looks like a pretty neighborhood with all the trees, shrubs, and decorative gates. Is that your neighborhood, or are you over at your grandparents' house now?

Shawn.

5:03 AM  
Blogger Hassan said...

Yes, it is my neighborhood. But the street is not so good as the gardens.

How owfull it is to get water into the house, water didn't get into the houses in our neighborhood, but I know houses that had water getting into them, they had to get out with buckets.

6:43 PM  
Blogger cile said...

Ha Hassan, yes, much rain! Baghdad Dweller (Ladybird) also has some pics 'bout the rain in Baghdad.
You know the name Joris Ivens? He once made a short movie about the rain: http://www.ivens.nl/NL/film29-5regenNL.htm (i linked it to my blog some days ago). It says: "… a film of the oily Dutch rains. With his hand-and-eye camera poking under legs and between wheels, he produced the most interesting objective study of somberness I have ever seen" (Theatre Guild Magazine ,1930).
I like the sun much better!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Hassan said...

Hello Cile how are you??

I have never heard of such a name sorry, but I went to the website and so I single picture of the rain, pretty good, but didn't find any video.

9:46 AM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-30keyun
retro 11
oakley sunglasses
michael kors handbags
ugg australia
ugg for women
louis vuitton purses
gucci handbgs
canada goose
celine handbags
canada goose sale
coach factory outlet
uggs for women
louis vuitton outlet
ugg boots
abercrombie & fitch
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton
air max 95
ugg outlet
the north face jackets
uggs australia
coach outlet online
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton outlet
uggs on sale
michael kors outlet online
michaek kors
coach outlet
nike free 5.0
canada goose outlet
chanel outlet
christian louboutin shoes
cheap oakley sunglasses
uggs sale
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
vans sneakers
oakley outlet
concord 11

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home