.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Average Iraqi

An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

Name:Hassan
Location:Baghdad, Iraq

My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.

Iraqi Bloggers BiographyUpdated November 11

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Replacement

  My uncle has recently traveled to United Arab Imarates, just a few days after Raghda's father went to the same destination. I don't know if he had said it in his blog but he lives with his wife and a three years old daughter. They live in a my grandparents BIG house. She is supposed to follow him in a few weeks. So someone must stay with my grand parents because, they can't be left alone, guess who is the replacement.


  This is going to be a weird experience, I have lived before with my grandparents, there was a time when I and my grandfather were the only ones in Baghdad, but this is going to be for a longer term. There are benefits for me and disadvatages too.


benefits:


1. The house is much closer to a main street compared to our isolated house, and is closer to most of my friends.


2. My grandfather is my fan no.1, so I rarely get NO for an answer.


3. The same goes for my grandmother.


4. I will be away from my annoying brother, wich I think HNK will agree with me that it is a blessing, since she and Najma had an unforgettable experience with him while I was in Baghdad.


Dis-advatages:


1. I am going to have fist fights on every meal because, somehow in the eyes of my grandmother I never eat enough. And on other occasions when I'm not hungry she will think that I don't like whatever she had prepared, and before I know it the whole refregrator will be on the table.


2. They always fight on the slightest things, me and my brother don't fight as much as they do, and we fight all the time. So the judge in most of their fights is going to be me. God helps them.


3. I have a habit of talking fast and skipping some letters in the process, and my grandfather just can't understand a word from me, he understands my 4 years sister better than he understands me.


4. They don't have an internet cable connection, so I am going to have to stick with dial up connection, so putting a post will take half the day.



Note: This post has been Emailed to my Email list subscribers

5 Comments:

Blogger cile said...

Shloonek Hassan,
I am delighted by this family blogging and am looking forward to hear some stories of and about your grandparents! How old are they? What did and do their lives look like from your perspective?
(and yes: have a good dinner! :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Hassan said...

Hello Cile how are you doing
My grandfather is about 84, and my grandmother is about 69. Too much years between them right?? And I'm looking foor a good diner, both of them.

5:59 PM  
Blogger cile said...

Hi Hassan, well, it is said that men need more time to grow up than women ;))
So the difference of age between your grandparents could be okay. But maybe, if your grandmother is a 'dancy type', you'll have to replace for your grandfather?
(and yes, I'm doing fine, thanks for asking)

6:16 PM  
Blogger Mad Canuck said...

Hi Hassan,

The Internet is addictive, isn't it?

I have a cable modem at home too, and was in Canada for two weeks visiting my parents for Christmas, where I was stuck using dial-up. Having to dial-up wasn't that bad, but the fact that I'd be tying up my parents' phone line anytime I was online was a pain. The only thing I really missed about my own home was getting my cable modem back.

Sometimes you don't realize how much you like what you have until you don't have it anymore.

Have fun at your grandparents house....

Shawn.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Hassan said...

Yeah I agree,

I have found that I can barely spend the day without the internet. Dial up is better than nothing but keeping the phone will be a problem because my grandmother is a proffesionla phone chatter for lengths more than half an hour.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home