.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Average Iraqi

An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

Name:Hassan
Location:Baghdad, Iraq

My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.

Iraqi Bloggers BiographyUpdated November 11

Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Sunnis are in

  I was chatting with Treasure of Baghdad, he led my attention to an article posted by the Washington post, the article is titled Iraqi Sunnis register to vote in droves, that made me think. They are right, the last couple of times I went to the mosque, there were posters all over the walls, and they were distributing leaflets about the necessity of voting. Fact is that in the last voting, most Sunnis failed to vote, and I'm one of them, but this time is going to be different. Almost every Sunni I know has already registered to the voting, the Imam at the mosque tells at the end of each Friday sermon how necessary it is to go vote, although he gives other reason, like not letting US take control over Iraq, but the result is the same, people deciding their own future themselves, by voting instead of other means.


  One of these leaflets, I remember, told about the results of the last voting, when most Sunnis missed it, and the results expected if they vote now, it was titled, The Comparison Between the Two Wrongs, as I saw it, since that leaflet was written as a religious leaflet, not a political one. It made a comparison between the results of voting and not voting. It specified the only reason in not voting as "The refusing of these elections as they are illegal.". But it specified the goods achieved in voting as "Participating in the government, getting the Americans out of the country as soon as possible by peacefully means and making the country a safe place to live in for the first time since 35 years"



Note: This post has been emailed to my Email List subscribers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fayrouz said...

This is great news.

In America we say, "If you don't vote, then you lose the right to complain."

There's no perfect government in the world. So, try to make the best of the next elections and pleeeeeeese encourage everyone to vote.

4:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree you need to vote. No matter what you religious background is, it is important to vote. Being from America, I sometimes feel voting is a waste of time, with all the politics involved. Yet I always do it becuase that is one way for me "voice" my opinion. And your right, In Iraq that is a good way to get the US and others out of your country. Take control in a peacful way. I hope you encourage everyone to vote. And good luck in the elections.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

zhengjx20160818
coach outlet
michael kors handbags
rolex submariner price
ray bans
boston celtics jerseys
adidas nmd
louis vuitton
oakley outlet
ugg slippers
adidas factory outlet
montblanc pens
louis vuitton canada
rolex watches
ray ban outlet
michael kors purses
michael kors handbags
christian louboutin pas cher
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton handbags
ghd flat iron
christian louboutin sale clearance
polo ralph lauren
kevin durant 9 shoes
ray ban sunglasses outlet
cheap pandora jewelry
canada goose jackets
cheap jordans
canada goose sale
coach outlet store online clearances
michael kors handbags
concords 11
christian louboutin sale
moncler coats
coach outlet online
mont blanc pens outlet
mont blanc pen
coach factory outlet
ray ban sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet stores

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home