.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Average Iraqi

An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

Name:Hassan
Location:Baghdad, Iraq

My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.

Iraqi Bloggers BiographyUpdated November 11

Sunday, September 11, 2005

IN HIS EYES: Hijacking attempt..... Again

  First of all, you might notice that I'm being a more active blogger than I used to be, this is generally because I'm spending most of my time these days home, in front of my computer, so I have nothing more to do than keep posting. I have been trying to figure out a way to right this post a few days ago, until I got a few ideas from Najma. So the AVIRAQI in this post is my own father:


"8 Months ago when my son Hassan, came running down the street, banging the door, I knew something major has happened and that it was going to change our lives forever. I was right, Hassan came with the news of the hijacking of our car, a black BMW has intercepted him, and hijacked the car by force. From that day on, our driving has became different, I have started to look into cars, how they drive, checking the rear view mirror every second to make sure I wasn't followed, even my driving became more aggressive to make sure that if anyone was thinking of following me to take my car, he is going to think twice before he does it.


"But sometimes people just have to try, It happened a couple of days ago, I was coming back from work, roughly in the afternoon, I was driving through a narrow side road, a little more than two cars in width, when I noticed that a small car ahead of me was moving real slowly, and it looked like the driver was looking at his rear view mirror too much, as I got closer to the car, it made a turn to another side road, and dissapeared from my site, but it looked like it has stopped. I immediatly pressed the pedals, and the car jumped forward, 35 years driving, this was just a piece of cake. When I reached the side road the car had turned to, I kept going, and sped up, I saw one of the two men in the car, had gotten out of his car, and was pulling back the hammer of his handgun, preparing to take aim, but I had already stepped out of his view, and speeding down the road, lowering his chances of a lucky shot. But thank god, he didn't shot, guess he already knew it was a waste of time.


"This has happened at a time we were saying that Baghdad has gotten a little better than just before the war, now 3 years later, nothing has changed from security perspective, I still could have gotten killed that day. Iraq is still in need of a lot more work done regarding security issues."



Note: This post has been emailed to my Email List subscribers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home