.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Average Iraqi

An Average Iraqi is just a fictional character whose....well, fictional. I will use this character to make a comparison between him and real human beings like myself or any one else.

Name:Hassan
Location:Baghdad, Iraq

My name is Hassan Kharrufa. I am a 20 year old Iraqi student. I study civil engineering at the Department of Building and Construction at Al-Jami3a Al-Taknologia (The Tecknology Univirsity), Baghdad, Iraq.

Iraqi Bloggers BiographyUpdated November 11

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Constitution Accepted....But

     The results are finally up. You probably read it in the last Post which my friend Mad Canuck generously published. I voted for the constitution at the first place, and I won't hide the fact that I'm happy with this. Although questions of the Nineveh results validity are still unanswered. Though the UN supervised this event we can't be sure what has been happening behind closed doors. A fact is that there is fraud in every voting, but the big question whether these are enough to change the results or not. Whether it is simply the clerks acting up on their own to raise their favored side, which shouldn't be enough to change anything and will happen during the voting process in my opinion. Or if it is government controlled which can dramatically change the result of a certain Provence and in my opinion, will happen during the results counting process.


     As I thought would happen, things escalated a bit after the result was announced. But I thought it was going to last a little more, Baghdad is quiet these days. Not much fights and explosions. Now when I say "QUIET" I don't mean that it is calm and peaceful, there no such thing in Iraq nowadays. But it merely means no big events, fights or explosions. Just the usual, shooting here and there, one or two minor booms and Americans or National Guards are becoming something you don't stare at. But you can't help but curse them whenever you see any of them. I don't know why the always insist on coming from the wrong side, or start shooting at the tiniest of reasons.


     It seems I am not a full time blogger anymore. College is really heating up, and I am not ready to be left behind. This is something that takes at least 8 hours of my time each day. So I can't check all the links of sidebar daily as I used to. I'll probably start missing posts. But at least I know that the time will be well spent.



Note: This post has been emailed to my Email List subscribers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Najma said...

I too thought there would be some more action these days.. But it's way calmer than I thought it would be.

People in Mosul believe there is a fraud but are not shocked as they knew the results wouldn't be as they should be..
Now it's our constitution.. Let's see what good comes from it...

Oh, and your college can't take of your time more than school is taking from mine.. I don't care what you read, just write :)

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know fraud was possible, because Najma reported that her mother voted both for herself and for her husband (who waited outside the polling station). She also had a third card which she was honest enough not to use. Now if she could cast three votes, no doubt others could cast twenty. But the question is whether there was enough fraud to make a difference.

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's an interesting story about voting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1601208,00.html

Salam Pax's friend, Ghaith wrote it.

Best of luck to you all,
Tilli (Mojave Desert)

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home